Saturday, January 8, 2011

Studibaker3D

  After stumbling onto fellow 3d modeler and Beatlefan Chris Sileo's blogsite, it inspired me to put up a blog of my own to display my 3d artwork. My subject matter is vintage cars and buildings.

 I am organizing things based on projects, so if there is a model you are interested in, check back on the appropriate post. The way blogspot is set up, it won't put the most recent edit at the top of the list.

I've been doing this for about 5 years now, only recently have I felt I had good enough work to present. I was drawn to 3D because I liked the idea of being able to create a model of anything I wanted, out of practically nothing. And be able to see it in a realistic render, which was possible now, with the addition of radiosity and hdri. 

I started out totally sucking and kept working on it. Some early models, I had to completely rebuild numerous times after finding out some new technique. I started hanging out at 3D forums, and learned many things from the various members there. And while i'm happy to have progressed as far as I have, I see artwork from other more experienced modelers, and realize how far I still have to go. The hard thing is to get the model to what I call "the believability factor". This is when you can't tell if it's a model, or the real thing. Check out Chris's site at http://thebeatlesin3d.blogspot.com/ to see what I mean. 

All my models are created on a 27" i5 iMac, using Cheetah3D software for my modeling and rendering. I'll be adding my current work-in-progress projects, as well as some older artwork. Special thanks to all at the Cheetah3D and SMC forums. I hope you enjoy the view. 


No comments:

Post a Comment